Re: [WIP] WiredTiger Backend

HAMANO Tsukasa wrote:
Hi,

I'm writing OpenLDAP WiredTiger backend.
It will get high write throughput and high concurrency performance.
Now this backend module is incomplete but basic feature is working, So
I publish the code.
https://www.osstech.co.jp/download/hamano/openldap/0001-OpenLDAP-WiredTiger-Backend-p1.patch

Interesting, thanks for the contribution. Looks like there is no manpage though, do you have one?

Some note:
* slapadd, slapcat, slapindex will works.
* LDAP BIND, ADD, DELETE, SEARCH will works.

How well does it work, good enough to run benchmarks now?

* MODIFY, MODRDN does not implement yet.
* deref search does not implement yet.
* WiredTiger is not support multiprocess access yet.
   It mean that we can't to do slatcat while running slapd.
   It will be supported in the future.

You should use alock in the meantime then, to prevent multiprocess access.

* This backend module may have a issue about licensing when
   distributing whole binary under OpenLDAP Public Licence.
   Now WiredTiger, Inc are working cooperatively toward a resolve the
   issue.

I'm glad if you get to try it and give me advice.
Thank you.

--
  -- Howard Chu