Re: R: Antw: Re: Elapsed Time logging

--On Tuesday, April 21, 2015 1:16 PM +0200 Ulrich Windl <Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:

"fabymoscarella@virgilio.it" <fabymoscarella@virgilio.it> schrieb am
21.04.2015
um 11:23 in Nachricht <14cdb4a4678.fabymoscarella@virgilio.it>:
Hi,
thank you for your interest. I was mistakenly sure of the field's
availability.

 I would have liked to use the "etime" field to monitor OpenLDAP
dependability through my SIEM platform, by identifying long lasting
operations.
Could you please give me some pointers about monitoring "operations
completed" or any other useful parameter?

# if you configured monitoring...
# just querying "search" operations here...
e.g. ldapsearch -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -b 'cn=operations,cn=monitor' -s
sub '(cn=Search)' monitorOpCompleted

As Ulrich notes, simply enable the monitoring backend. I suggest reading up on the slapd-monitor(5) man page. Btw, I've patched my openldap build with the ITS noted, and it's working just fine, although the term is "duration" not "etime".

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.