Re: slapd verifyclient fails on demand

Alright, it's clear.
The section in Debian's ldap.conf has the following content,
       TLSCertificateKeyFile <filename>
              Specifies  the  file  that contains the slapd server private key that matches the certificate stored in the TLSCertificateFile file.  Currently, the private key must not be
              protected with a password, so it is of critical importance that it is protected carefully.

              When using Mozilla NSS, TLSCertificateKeyFile specifies the name of a file that contains the password for the key for the  certificate  specified  with  TLSCertificateFile.
              The  modutil  command  can  be  used  to  turn off password protection for the cert/key database.  For example, if TLSCACertificatePath specifes /etc/openldap/certdb as the
              location of the cert/key database, use modutil to change the password to the empty string:
                   modutil -dbdir /etc/openldap/certdb -changepw 'NSS Certificate DB'
              You must have the old password, if any.  Ignore the WARNING about the running browser.  Press 'Enter' for the new password.

Reading this info i would not expect it is not valid in ldap.conf since it is not pointed out here.
Nevertheless i could have read further.

Howard Chu,
If you allow me to ask you something about gnutls directly, do you still stand behind the statement you made here,
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-devel/200802/msg00072.html

i know it's out of date but you said 'the code is fundamentally broken'.
I'm not knowledged about the internals of gnutls but i am very cusious if you changed your mind since then.

Best regards,
Etherape