Re: Help: LDAP using alias to reference value of another attribute

--On Tuesday, April 14, 2015 5:52 PM +0400 Poul Etto <zepouletto@gmail.com> wrote:

There are "u" user accounts on the ldap server
We have a number of "s" services that use LDAP to manage user account.
Each service has particular attributes
Each service must be able to access only it's information
Basic services use only the information contained in the standard LDAP
useraccount
Advanced services have dedicated OUs with special attributes

It is important that each service can accees in RO (no modification) to
only it's information.
That's why we made our LDAP as it is in the attached picture.

This is what custom objectClasses and ACLs are for.

Here's an example of a directory set up correctly: <https://itservices.stanford.edu/service/directory/datadefs/accounts>

Where services are tied to the user object, with their own specific attributes. ACLs can be used to restrict what data a given service can retrieve.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.