Re: Very slow ldapserach

Am Donnerstag, 02. April 2015 13:40 CEST, Saša-Stjepan Bakša <ssbaksa@gmail.com> schrieb:

> On 31 March 2015 at 23:25, Geoff Swan <gswan3@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>
> >  Does the server have access to a nameserver?
> > I've seen dns timeouts cause this kind of thing.
> >

> Yes it has. Also, I have created distinct entry's in hosts file to make
> name resolving quicker and to make sure that name resolving is not the main
> culprit for this slow down.
>
> When I start slapd in debug mode, normally all answers are so quick written
> on the screen that I can't read without stopping slapd. With our setup, I
> can read line by line.

One shure performance killer I encountered was activating gccess logging.
If this isn0t the case you might need to set up some profiling. Since you are running
under Linux perf might be a good tool. It might be a good idea to recompile your
binary with "-fno-omit-frame-pointer" to get meaningful/correct call graph reports.
You then can do:

 perf record  -g -p <pid-of-ldapd>

and then later on

 perf report --stdio