Re: installing slapd no_configuration true

Am Montag, 30. März 2015 10:33 CEST, Igor Shmukler <igor.shmukler@gmail.com> schrieb:

> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to install slapd without configuration, so I could
> do the configuration manually [specifically to customize my
> "organization" objectClass].
>
> I have been using debconf-set-selections and noninteractive install.
> It worked fine when I would do non interactive config database
> configuration and also DIT database configuration.
> When I set "slapd slapd/no_configuration boolean true" setup fails.
> The error is below:
> Omitting slapd configuration as requested.
>  * No configuration file was found for slapd at /etc/ldap/slapd.conf.
> invoke-rc.d: initscript slapd, action "start" failed.
> dpkg: error processing package slapd (--configure):
>  subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
> Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-16) ...
> Processing triggers for ufw (0.34~rc-0ubuntu2) ...
>  slapd
>
> I understand that the issue might be debian-related and have little to
> do with OpenLDAP, per say. Still, to be sure that I did not do
> something completely wrong, and to tap into collective wisdom; I would
> love for someone experienced to comment.

This _is_  a Debian packaging question.

This can be considered a bug in Debian's slapd.postinst - the script should
set SLAPD_NO_START=1 when installing without configuration.

> What would be the easiest way to install slapd, ideally with config
> database setup, without a DIT database? I want to manually add DIT
> database[s] later. I got that part down.

That's a installation mode the Debian package isn't really set up for.

HTH Ralf Mattes