Re: what is wrong with my permissions?

Hello Ferenc,

Thank you for the email.
Yes, I want to delete an entry inside DIT. You are correct.

I try the below:
$ sudo ldapdelete -Y external -H ldapi:/// cn=john,dc=directory,dc=com
SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started
SASL username: gidNumber=0+uidNumber=0,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth
SASL SSF: 0
ldap_delete: Insufficient access (50)
    additional info: no write access to parent

As you suggested, this is not working. Can this work somehow? I would
rather just cn=config with a password, which I am able to set. LDAPI
is work too, although not my preferred route.

Sincerely,

Igor Shmukler