Is OpenLDAP PAE Aware?

Hello,

We have an older LDAP server running on a 32-bit Linux OS. We’ve had slapd crash 2 times now, running out of memory. The box only has 2GB of RAM, but it’s using PAE capable hardware and PAE support is enabled in Linux. We are debating if we should simply just add more RAM to the box, or rebuild the server. Obviously, rebuilding the server would be the best solution, but adding more RAM would be the quickest.

Is 32-bit OpenLDAP able to address 4GB of memory?

Thanks,

-

cid:image003.png@01CFB713.F712CDA0

Jack Kielsmeier
Systems Engineer

Phone: 515-471-1712

E-mail: jkielsmeier@lightedge.com

Follow Us: cid:image012.png@01CFB715.39A84900 cid:image013.png@01CFB715.39A84900cid:image014.png@01CFB715.39A84900 cid:image010.png@01CFB713.F712CDA0

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation."