Re: determining what schema are loaded

On Thu, 2015-02-12 at 13:55 -0500, chris c wrote:
> I've been tasked with adding a mail attribute for an openldap 2.4.23
> installation. I've read enough of the entries on the mailing list that
> talk about the inability to do so being related to the proper schema
> not being loaded, and I think that is the issue.
>

> What I'm struggling with, is how to determine what schema are loaded
> and where they are loaded from? In reading the Redhat documentation,
> they reference
>
> Required attributes are specified using the objectClass definition,
> and can be found in schema files located in
> the /etc/openldap/slapd.d/cn=config/cn=schema/directory.
>

> So does this mean that in the above referenced directory, those schema
> will be loaded?

using the below, you can search the config database of the directory,
looking for the objectClass for the different schemas, and have the
distinguishedName of each returned.

ldapsearch -LLL -b cn=config objectClass=olcSchemaConfig dn

the directory you indicate will have the schemas in the ldif files, yes.
i think the ldapsearch will be quicker and easier.