Re: OpenLDAP Inheritance not working

Matthew W. Marshall wrote:
> I’m running into an issue with adding users to LDAP, when I use the following LDIF
>
> dn: mail=jsmith,ou=customers,dc=mydeqcust,dc=org
> cn: John Smith
> sn: Smith
> uid: jsmith
> mail: jsmith@dev.local<mailto:jsmith@dev.local>
> objectClass: inetOrgPerson
> mail: jsmith
>
> it adds fine, however does not show any attributes from OrginizationalPerson or Person.

Could you please elaborate on what "does not show any attributes from
OrginizationalPerson or Person" really means? Indeed OpenLDAP does not
automagically add the superior object classes to attribute 'objectClass'.

But if adding the entry above worked then inheritance worked correctly (e.g.
because of 'cn' and 'sn') and there is no bug.

Without seeing more of your config (e.g. ACLs) and more client details I
cannot see any reason why it's not working in your case.

Do you have any ACLs with attrs=@person or similar?

Ciao, Michael.