ITS#8046 - remote unauth DoS on 2.4.40

I haven't seen any announcement of this other than on security lists,
but there's an unauthenticated remote DoS bug in 2.4.40:

The actual ITS is a bit confusing, the reporter at one point says he had
the issue with a beta version of 2.4.40 and it didn't work against
release, but debian confirmed it kills their official 2.4.40 package and
it caused a segfault against my gentoo 2.4.40 release, so if you're
running 2.4.40 (older versions not vulnerable), it's probably worth
applying the patch from head:

http://www.openldap.org/devel/gitweb.cgi?p=openldap.git;a=patch;h=2f1a2dd329b91afe561cd06b872d09630d4edb6a

I rebuilt my 2.4.40 with this and it no longer dies when the PoC query
is issued.