Invalid credentials after moving to a new server

Hi all,

I have running OpenLDAP on a virtual Ubuntu 12.04 32bit. Now I am trying to
move with my data to a newer Debian 7 64bit. So I installed OpenLDAP and
rsynced /var/lib/ldap and /etc/ldap tot he new machine. When I try to login
with the root-bind-dn credentials working on the Ubuntu machine I get the
error that I have invalid credentials.

Slapcat on the Debian is working and giving out the total database, what can
I do to get the login into OpenLDAP working again?

Best regards!

Andy