MatchingRuleUseDescription::APPLIES

HI!

In yet another attempt to make more use of server's subschema in web2ldap I'm
looking more closely at matchingRuleUse in OpenLDAP's subschema subentry.

What's the base for the matchingRuleUse values generated by slapd?

RFC 4512 is pretty terse on this:

     APPLIES provides a list of attribute types the matching rule
         applies to

Ah, well... :-/

Basically I wonder why I can't use this filter and why
caseIgnoreIA5SubstringsMatch is not listed as being applicable to
krbPrincipalName:

(krbPrincipalName:caseIgnoreIA5SubstringsMatch:=k/m*)

Yes, I know: krbPrincipalName is correctly declared with
EQUALITY caseExactIA5Match.

But what's the reason you cannot override the equality matching with this
extensible filter? Normalization issues when indexing?

Ciao, Michael.

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4512#section-4.1.4