Von:        Kristoffer Sjögren <stoffe@gmail.com>
An:        Frank Offermanns <Frank.Offermanns@caseris.de>,
Kopie:        openldap-technical@openldap.org
Datum:        28.01.2015 16:32
Betreff:        Re: LMDB usage on windows - to much memory needed

Regarding size.

"If an application specifies a size for the file mapping object that is larger than the size of the actual named file on disk and if the page protection allows write access (that is, the flProtect parameter specifies PAGE_READWRITE or PAGE_EXECUTE_READWRITE), then the file on disk is increased to match the specified size of the file mapping object. If the file is extended, the contents of the file between the old end of the file and the new end of the file are not guaranteed to be zero; the behavior is defined by the file system. If the file on disk cannot be increased, CreateFileMapping fails and GetLastError returns ERROR_DISK_FULL."

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366537%28v=vs.85%29.aspx