Re: replace: olcAccess

On Tue, Jan 06, 2015 at 02:12:51PM +0100, Michael Ströder wrote:
> Igor Shmukler wrote:
> > With help from various generous people on this list, I am finishing up
> > with my project. Among other things, I need to perform a
> > non-interactive OpenLDAP configuration.
>
> I'd use static configuration which will still be supported in 2.5.x, at least
> a small snippet for boot-strapping.

I previously used puppet to automate the following:

add a templated cn=config ldif to a host
  (with pre-populated syncrepl config)
add templated database ldifs to a host
run a wrapper to slapadd them all
start slapd

This meant that I could boot a new server and come back in a few hours after syncrepl replication had finished to find a working replica. I presume the same technique will work no matter which configuration management software is in use.

I used slapcat on my existing pre-prod cn=config and databases to get the basic structure which I used to create the templated ldifs.