Re: DB_Config

--On Monday, December 22, 2014 7:03 PM +0000 Craig White <CWhite@skytouchtechnology.com> wrote:

Does anyone see any problems if I just drop the following DB_Config file
in a data directory so the next time the server is restarted, it takes
effect? (Yes, it's a DBD configuration)

The DB_CONFIG file directives sometimes change names across BDB release. Without knowing what BDB release your OpenLDAP is linked to, no one can be certain your DB_CONFIG file is valid.

My personal suggestion would be to slapcat your server, and then import that DB into a testing server, and validate your changes before deploying them on production.

You may also want to read over my old notes for BDB at:

<http://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/OpenLDAP_Performance_Tuning#Configuring_the_Berkeley_DB_subsystem_to_increase_LDAP_server_performance>

I would note that the MDB backend is recommended for modern OpenLDAP deployments.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.