Re: Antw: Cannot add to mdb

If gdb is attached to the process ("attach <PID>"), you can examine the CPU registers and the memory. Specifically the call stack. If a specific routine uses all the CPU, it's very likely that gdb will find that active routine and where it was called from. Together with local variables (info locals), a developer could find out what's wrong. Maybe you'll have to combine "-g" with "-O0" for more reliable results.

You'll get a coredump by something like kill -BUS <pid> (check ulimit -c also before starting the process), and you can detach gdb from the process after inspection.