Re: manually editing LDIF files with schema

--On Thursday, December 04, 2014 11:00 AM +0200 Igor Shmukler <igor.shmukler@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I wrote a test schema file adding one attribute - ipPhone.

I found some "tutorials" explaining how to write a schema file then
convert it into LDIF using slaptest(8).
The authors of these tutorials [found by me] all manually edit
slaptest(8)-generated LDIF files, removing structuralObjectClass,
entryUUID, creatorsName, createTimestamp, entryCSN, modifiersName and
modifyTimestamp.
Is this the recommended way of adding a schema?

If you've correctly written a schema file in LDIF format, you can just ldapadd it. The server will take care of adding the operational attributes for you if you do that.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.