Re: OpenLDAP incroyable!

On 30/11/2014 5:30 μμ, brendan kearney wrote:

I have fallen in love with phpLdapAdmin.

We are using phpLDAPAdmin on a daily basis as well, but not for cn=config (only for the DIT).

Unfortunately, phpLDAPAdmin has a very slow development process, if it has not stalled completely; last release was two years old. Moreover, all versions of the 1.2.x branch do not work properly with non-latin strings, whereas 1.1.x versions did even if there was no official support for language tags (RFC 3966)!! So, all 1.2.x versions are useless for admins/users who want to use non-latin strings as attribute values.

As some phpldapadmin user had earlier commented at sourceforge (these comments have vanished for some reason!), the last well-working version was 1.1.0.7. I can confirm this statement! We are using this version as well (it is not accessible from the Internet, to avoid any security issues).

If anyone knows anything about the status of phpldapadmin project, I would be very interested to be informed.

To me it looks like a dead project, I am afraid. See, for example, issue handling: http://dev.phpldapadmin.org/pla/issues/open

I hope I am wrong, because IMHO it's still the most user-friendly web GUI for LDAP!

Nick