Re: can our redhat os be migrate into 64bit?

Wang, Hui wrote:
> Our openLDAP is in version 2.3.4, it currently installed on a redhat 32bit.
> Can this server be migrate into 64bits?  I can't find the os requirement
> for different version of openldap at this moment

Of course you should upgrade OpenLDAP server itself to 2.4.x (2.4.40 is
recommended) and use back-mdb nowadays.

slapcat your database to LDIF file
copy LDIF file to new server
slapadd to database

See also:
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/dbtools.html

There were some subtle differences in ACL processing in 2.4.x.
=> so of course you should test all this before

Ciao, Michael.