Re: Add attribute to already defined objectclass organizationalUnit in core.schema

On 11/24/14 14:11 +0000, Shashi Ranjan wrote:
I need to add two elements to organizationalUnit Object Class.

How can I do it without modifying the core.schema file?
Is there a way to define two new attributes in my private schema file (local.schema) and then extend the object class organizationalUnit defined in core.schema?
I do not want to modify the file core.schema.

I wish to deliver only my local schema file (local.schema) with other changes also.

A better option is to create a new non-structural objectClass and *add* it
to your existing entries using organizationalUnit. Extending/replacing
organizationalUnit is an option, but would make maintenance for future
admins a bit more confusing.

--
Dan White