RE: adding VLV support to OpenLDAP 2.4.31

Hi Igor

> It is clear from the man slapo-sssvlv(5) page that when slapd.conf is
> being used, the options should appear after the overlay directive.
> Even I got this. Where those options should go when cn=config is used?
> I do not understand it from the man page. Is this something to be
> specified using ldapmodify?

You need to use ldapadd with ldif like this:

dn: olcOverlay=sssvlv,olcDatabase={1}bdb,cn=config
objectClass: olcSssVlvConfig
olcOverlay: sssvlv
olcSssVlvMax: 10
olcSssVlvMaxKeys: 5

something like

ldapadd -x -w <password> -D cn=config -f <ldif file>

Chris