Re: Antw: Re: Replication restores deleted user

--On November 7, 2014 at 8:00:29 AM +0100 Ulrich Windl <Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:
I think if your LDIF contains entry UUIDs and CSNs, you can pre-populate
the databases; if those are missing, slapadd will create new ones. And if
sync works on UUIDs, you'll loose. Am I right?

If he had been using ldapsearch, without requesting the operational attributes, to export the DB, you would have been right. However, he had already noted he was using slapcat, which always exports the operational attributes, so you are wrong. The problem was he didn't use the -w flag, which is why I directed him to read up on it.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc