Re: is there hardware inventory schema?

Côme BERNIGAUD wrote:
> On 2014-11-03 11:30, Zeus Panchenko wrote:
>> greetings,
>>
>> please advise, is there schema or what will it be correct to use, for
>> hardware inventory data to be stored in LDAP (except custom schema)?
> FusionDirectory have a plugin for FusionInventory to store their inventories
> data.
> If this is the inventory agent you intend to use maybe our schema can be
> useful to you.
>
> If not, maybe you can inspire yourself from it anyway.
>
> You can see the schema there:
> http://git.fusiondirectory.org/gitweb/?p=main/fusiondirectory-plugins.git;a=blob;f=fusioninventory/contrib/openldap/inventory-fd.schema;h=40645be3b8d683c6ac9845128fc4f76d919049b3;hb=refs/heads/develop
>
> The schema was generated using an array from fusioninventory code listing
> their field types:
> http://git.fusiondirectory.org/gitweb/?p=main/argonaut.git;a=blob_plain;f=argonaut-fusioninventory/bin/generate-fusioninventory-schema;hb=refs/heads/argonaut-0.9

For more inspiration one can dive into CIM schema:

http://www.dmtf.org/documents/ldap-schema-cim-core-information-model-250

IMHO also DHCP and DNS schema is somewhat relevant/related.

But be warned that this all can get pretty exhausting. Be sure to read some
in-depth articles about failures of hardware inventories before.

Ciao, Michael.