Re: Replication restores deleted user

--On Thursday, October 30, 2014 4:55 PM -0400 kevin sullivan <kevin4sullivan@gmail.com> wrote:

I am also looking for any resources that explain exactly how replication
works and how conflicts are resolved in a multi-master configuration. For
example, I know there are two phases of replication: the present phase
and the delete phase. Could server1 be replicating the data for
'deletedUser' to server2 in the present phase before server2 has
communicated to server1 that 'deletedUser' no longer exists in the delete
phase? I don't believe this problem happens when I just delete
'deletedUser' (instead of deleting AND modifying). I know I am butchering
the technical details a little bit, which is why I am curious how this
situation is expected to be resolved.

Personaly I use delta-syncrepl MMR to avoid the general issues with syncrepl. I've found it to be much more reliable.

Server Architect
Zimbra, Inc.