Re: CA and Intermediate Certificates

Ferenc Wagner wrote:
Andrew Devenish-Meares <adevenis@une.edu.au> writes:

We're currently starting to migrate our certificates to AusCERT, as we
get a good deal as a University.  As AusCERT is an intermediate CA, so
we need to use a chain to get this to work.
[...]
This means that we need to install the intermediate certificate on
clients that connect to our LDAP using SSL or TLS.  Admittedly this
isn't vastly different to what we need to do now in supplying our own CA.

You have to put the chain leading to the well-known root CA into your
server certificate file:

Wrong. The correct usage of CA certificates is already documented in the slapd.conf(5) manpage, slapd-config(5) manpage, and the Admin Guide. RTFM.

--
  -- Howard Chu