Re: Create Distribution List

On 12/8/2014 12:23 μμ, Jerry wrote:

I will have to give that a try I suppose. It is a shame that there is not a
"native" way of accomplishing the creation of a distribution list like the MS
Outlook address book affords. Actually, may MUAs such as claws-mail have this
feature embedded into their code. However, that requires me to have multiple
address books and is not what I am looking for.

You may want to take a look at this:

http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/201105/msg00033.html

In this way you can create an alias (which may be a distribution list) by optionally taking advantage of the dynamic list feature of openldap.

For example, you simply add a particular identifier (for each distribution list) to an attribute of the affected entries and then your distribution lists are built automatically based on a query string.

See examples above.

More elegant and much more flexible. You administer everything from within OpenLDAP.

Good luck,
Nick