Re: Incremental backup with LMDB

Abdelkader Chelouah wrote:
Thank you for your quick reply,

LMDB 1.0 will be available for the 2.4 and 2.5 branches or only for the 2.5
branch ?

The 2.4 branch is ending. This will be 2.5 only.

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 5:22 AM, Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com
<mailto:hyc@symas.com>> wrote:

    Abdelkader Chelouah wrote:

        Hi,

        Firstly, I would like to thank Howard for this great work he has done on
        the backend LMDB. By design, LMDB does not produce Write Ahead Log.
        However, WAL are the cornerstone of incremental backup and Point in time
        recovery. I noticed, in this paper (published in 2011, if i'm correct)

        http://www.openldap.org/pub/__hyc/mdm-paper.pdf
        <http://www.openldap.org/pub/hyc/mdm-paper.pdf>

        that incremental backup is among the future Work. What is the exact
        status of incremental backup with the LMDB Backend ? This feature is
        certainly highly expected.

    An implementation has been done. Since it requires a change of the DB
    format, it has not yet been released. We are currently prepping 0.9.14 for
    a final 0.9 release, after which we will move to 1.0 and merge in this
    feature and other developmental features.

--
  -- Howard Chu