Re: Will lmdb suit my needs ?

Sankar P wrote:
Hi,

Answering the subject first: probably not. Someone else with a similar application, maybe, but that depends a lot on one's ability to read and research.

I could not find any tutorial for lmdb by googling. I would prefer to
see some simple documentation that explains at least the basic set of
APIs that we need to use (say the lmdb equivalents of sqlite3_open,
sqlite3_exec, sqlite3_close)

Also, since I do not have much exposure to key-value dbs, will it be
possible to provide a custom compartor function for values (so that I
can store column2+column3 as a value and let the comparator function
use column3 only as a value compartor function) ?

Also one humble suggestion is that it may be better if the lmdb
sources could be moved to a separate git repo instead of as a branch
on the openldap git. That way it will be easier for potential
consumers of this library to easily google it and access/build the
sources.

There is already a separate git repo.

Will lmdb be suitable for my needs ? And can someone point to any
tutorial ? Thanks.

No, it sounds like LMDB is not for you.

--
  -- Howard Chu