Re: Syncrepl and problem with ldap_sasl_bind_s failed?

Howard Chu wrote:
Eivind Olsen wrote:
Michael Ströder wrote:

49 is "invalidCredentials".
Likely either one of the following reasons are causing this:
- entry cn=replicator,ou=admins,ou=internal,o=aminor does not exist
- the password is wrong
- some ACLs reject authentication

That's what puzzles me. I can from both nodes do ldapsearch as the
replication user to both nodes, and that part behaves as I'd expect it to
(I get a connection with answers, and if I try to connect with the wrong
password I get "ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)").

dn: olcDatabase={3}hdb,cn=config
objectClass: olcDatabaseConfig
objectClass: olcHdbConfig
olcDatabase: {3}hdb
olcDbDirectory: /usr/local/openldap/var/openldap-data/radius
olcSuffix: ou=radius,ou=no,o=aminor

olcSyncrepl: {0}rid=005 provider=ldap://ldap01-testing.aminor.no binddn
   ="cn=replicator,ou=admins,ou=internal,o=aminor" bindmethod=simple credent
   ials=<REPLICATOR-password> searchbase="ou=radius,ou=no,o=aminor"
type=refreshAndPersis
   t retry="5 5 5 +" timeout=3
olcSyncrepl: {1}rid=006 provider=ldap://ldap02-testing.aminor.no binddn
   ="cn=replicator,ou=admins,ou=internal,o=aminor" bindmethod=simple credent
   ials=<REPLICATOR-password> searchbase="ou=radius,ou=no,o=aminor"
type=refreshAndPersi
   st retry="5 5 5 +" timeout=3

Clearly you have a mistake in the password of one of these two lines, because
if they were identical they would be identical in length, but they wrap the
"refreshAndPersist" in two different positions.

PS: Most mistakes are obvious if you actually pay attention to details. But LDIF config format makes mistakes like these even more obvious. Good luck emailing a slapd.conf with this type of mistake in it and having the problem still be apparent after being mangled and rewrapped by multiple mail agents.

--
  -- Howard Chu