Re: AD pass through to Openladp?

Am Fri, 6 Jun 2014 14:54:15 -0400 schrieb Justin Stanczak
<rizenine@gmail.com>:

> Is there a method of connecting Active Directory to use OpenLDAP as
> the authentication source. So pass through to OpenLDAP. Making
> OpenLDAP the primary system with all the passwords and usernames.

AD is more or less another LDAP service, so I estimate that you are
looking for a way to replicate the whole tree or a part of OpenLDAP to
Active Directory.

I have never seen that live but I could imagine that the main problem
is that you are using a different schema for user management of your
applications on OpenLDAP than MS systems are expecting from their AD. So
you might need a kind of gateway for this replication, if you don't want
to align your software to MS schema.
And this must work bidirectional because MS admins probably still want
to use their GUI tools for administration.

--
GruÃ,
 Tobias.

 no email, only xmpp: crefeld@xabber.de