Re: Date format

--On Friday, April 18, 2014 7:22 PM -0700 Frans Lanting - IT Admin <itadmin@lanting.com> wrote:

Hi Folks,

This refers to the OpenLDAP found in OS X Server, which Apple calls
Open Directory.

I'm trying to determine the time when an OpenLDAP replica got its last
update from the OpenLDAP master, so on a replica I do the following:

% sudo slapconfig -getreplicaconfig

Replica LDAP server
Updated: 2014-04-18 22:29:01 +0000
List Of Replicas
od-example.com - OK

My question is the date/time format as seen above, since it does not
appear to be GMT/UTC or the server time, so any clarification on this
would be most appreciated! I don't see any reference to this
slapconfig man page or in Apple server documentation.

Ldap uses Zulu time (AKA GMT). See section 4.2.6 at <https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5755.txt>

Architect - Server
Zimbra, Inc.