Re: Question on replication files.

--On Friday, March 14, 2014 2:07 PM +0100 Marc Haber
<mh+openldap-technical@zugschlus.de> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 11:03:22AM -0700, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>> Known issue with 2.4.31.  Solution is to upgrade and stop using the
>> crap shipped by Debian.
>
> Please watch your language: it was the OpenLDAP project that released
> this "crap" a while ago.

Debian makes very specific decisions to:

a) Not update what they ship to address known issues (The debian openldap
package list is littered with bug reports with pointers to the upstream
ITSes)

b) Link to a TLS implementation that is known to be utterly flawed
(<https://symas.com/software-design-and-trustworthiness/>)

So don't try and lecture me about the decisions made by Debian.  What they
ship is crap, and what they ship could be fixed to not be crap.  End of
story.

Architect - Server
Zimbra, Inc.
--------------------

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content,
and is believed to be clean.
  Message id: 08B276014D5.A01BA

The date on the CSN is tomorrow's date.  This was taken from the log
shortly before 10 PM CST.

do_syncrep2: rid=005 CSN too old, ignoring
20140318025932.803264Z#000000#002#000000

So how can the CSN be too old?

Thanks,
Eric

This communication and any attachments are confidential, protected by Communications Privacy Act 18 USCS § 2510, solely for the use of the intended recipient, and may contain legally privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient, please return or destroy it immediately. Thank you.