Antw: changing database backend

Nachricht <8F5CF25D-A168-4366-AA41-031E4927943C@e-lista.pl>:
> Hi,
>
> Any ideas how to migrate database from back-bdb to other backend (for
> example mdb), while using cn=config?
> When using slapd.conf - flat config file - it seems to be simple task. But
> how to do it using cn=config? For sure it is not online operation, and any
> offline modifications to LDIF config files are not recommended.

My sponaneous idea would be to rename the old database (via cn=config), then
add a new database (via cn=config), then shutdown slapd, export the old
database, modify the LDIF, then import the new database. slapd should start
fine. Now if you are satisfied, drop the old database (via cn=config), and you
should be done.

I never tried that, but it sounds like a promising procedure...