RE: Have you seen this FUD - IT pros suffer OpenLDAP configuration headaches ?

--On Friday, January 31, 2014 5:20 PM -0800 "Paul B. Henson" <henson@acm.org> wrote:

For example, currently our revision control system could tell us exactly
what configuration was in place seven weeks ago. How would you do that
with cn=config? I suppose you could have a change log document in revision
control, but unlike the actual configuration file in revision control,
there's no way to say whether or not the changes made dynamically via
cn=config are exactly matched to the changelog. Unless perhaps the ldif
executing the change is maintained in revision control?

Our servers do a nightly backup of cn=config via slapcat -n 0, and those are kept for a month. Since this is for clients, there's no revision control involved, but it would be trivial for someone to check in the resulting LDIF file into their favorite RCS system.

Architect - Server
Zimbra, Inc.