slapd.d and back-sql

Hi all,

I’m trying to set up back-sql on Ubuntu using openldap version 2.4.39 that uses slapd.d as its configuration store.

All of the config examples I can find online use slapd.conf. A 2011 email from this mailing list explains that it simply is not possible to use the slapd.d config method to specify a dbname. Is that still the case ?

I am trying to add an entry for my mysql database using ldapadd and the following ldif…

# order value not present so entry will be appended

# to current children

dn: olcDatabase=sql,cn=config

objectClass: olcDatabaseConfig

olcDatabase: mysql

dbName: ldap

olcSuffix: dc=nodomain

The response I get is…

adding new entry "olcDatabase=sql,cn=config"

ldap_add: Undefined attribute type (17)

        additional info: dbName: attribute type undefined

I tried dbname (no capital N) as well, but I get the same result.

As you may be able to tell, I have a very loose grip on what to do here ! I’d appreciate some guidance. I am confident that I have odbc and the database/user set up as it describes in the manual section on back-sql. My database connection is called “ldap” in odbc.ini.

/etc/odbcinst.ini:

[mysql]

Description = ODBC for MySQL

Driver = /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/odbc/libmyodbc.so

Setup = /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/odbc/libodbcmyS.so

FileUsage = 1

/etc/odbc.ini:

[ldap]

Description           = MySQL connection to 'test' database

Driver                = mysql

Database              = ldap

UserName              = ldap

Password              = ldap

Server                = localhost

Port                  = 3306

Socket                = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

If I need to go back to using slapd.conf, how can I generate one from my slapd.d setup ?

Many thanks

Alan