Re: Oracle OpenLDAP PPolicy ppolicy and the hierarchy

On Wed, 2013-12-25 at 16:44 +0100, Michael StrÃder wrote:
> Furthermore there's slapo-deref which seems to work. The client
> control can be used to retrieve all the 'uid' values in member
> entries. The NSS provider has to extract the 'uid' values from the
> response control value.
>
> See https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-masarati-ldap-deref

Sadly, the Internet Draft expired without turning into an RFC. I also
can't find any documentation on slapo-deref, do you have any pointers?

Also, do you have any idea whether this is implemented by a significant
part of the LDAP servers out there (is it worth the effort to implement
this client-side)?

There is also a memberof overlay that populates memberOf attributes in
users. Would it be difficult to make a memberuid overlay that populates
memberUid attributes in the group?

Thanks,

--
-- arthur - arthur@arthurdejong.org - http://arthurdejong.org/ --