Re: Monitoring back-mdb's olcDbMaxSize

On 2013-12-19 16:46, Michael StrÃder wrote:
So when monitoring OpenLDAP with back-mdb it would be interesting to see how
much space of configured olcDbMaxSize is already occupied.

Does it make sense to compare the real file size shown by du -h
/path/to/data.mdb to configured olcDbMaxSize?

That would depend on the filesystem supporting holes
in files, which sounds OS- and filesystem-dependent.

The fill ratio is
(MDB_envinfo.me_last_pgno + 1.0) * MDB_stat.ms_psize / MDB_envinfo.me_mapsize
from mdb_env_info() and mdb_env_stat().
Inconvenient formula though.  Oh well.

--
Hallvard