p12 files for user-auth in slapd.conf question

Greetings,

I am  a complete beginner  leaning to use openldap.

I read through  a few of the manuals online.  I am finding the access-control
manual
(   http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/access-control.html  ) the hardest to
understand.

I would like to know  if it is possible to authenticate users using  p12
(pkcs12 certificates/key pair ) and  IF SO what would be

a)  the standard shemas  to be included in slapd.conf to make this possible ?
,
b)  the entry  for olcAccess ( in slapd.conf)    for users to be authenticared
via their p12 files ? ,
b)  the location and storage method  in the database   for  these  .p12 files
?

or
IF NOT SO   what is the recommended equivalent to p12 files  and how would
they be deployed.?

thanks in advance

sincerely
luxInteg