Re: OpenLDAP on CF disk

Michael Ströder wrote:
"Maucci, Cyrille" <cyrille.maucci@hp.com> wrote:
You should be specifying shm-key to benefit from shared mem vs memory mapped
files

I wonder whether switching to back-mdb would be a better solution.

If the machine is 64 bit, yes absolutely. If the machine is 32 bit, depends on how large the DB can grow, since there's a 2-3GB limit on the address space.

Also while the main DB file would be 99% read-only, the lock.mdb file would not. In an application like this it's a good idea to symlink the lock.mdb file to a RAM filesystem/tmpfs.

Ciao, Michael.