Re: Q: syntax attribute in schema

On Wed, 06 Nov 2013 11:10:09 +0100 "Ulrich Windl"
<Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote
> This is probably a stupid question, but I wonder:
> In the schema definitions, neither "gn" nor "sn" have a "syntax" attribute.
> So I wonder: If an attribute has a "sup", is the syntax inherited from the
> "sup" ("name" in this special case)?

Yes. Not only the syntax, also the matching rules (see RFC4512).

Furthermore when searching for (name=foo) all derived attributes with attribute
value foo will match.

web2ldap's schema browser displays all this including inherited stuff.

Ciao, Michael.