Re: Migrating to N-Way Master

--On Thursday, October 24, 2013 4:25 PM +0000 Peter Sprokkelenburg <peters@dsl4u.ca> wrote:

Currently have a provider / consumer setup in one datacenter. Looking to
expand to other datacentre and would like better redundancy.

Running version 2.4.28.

Do not move to multi-master until you upgrade to a current OpenLDAP release. I also strongly advise using delta-syncrepl based MMR.

What's the best way to change from provider / consumer to n-way master?
Down time is an option.

Can the current replication be stopped, reconfigured and then started
again?

You can do it with zero downtime.

<https://github.com/Zimbra-Community/zimbra-sources/blob/master/main/ZimbraServer/src/libexec/zmldappromote-replica-mmr> is a script I wrote to promote Zimbra replicas to be part of a MMR node. You would of course have to adapt it to your environment.

Architect - Server
Zimbra, Inc.