Re: Subject Alternative Name in TLS - does this work?

On 10/18/2013 10:41 AM, Christian Kratzer wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013, lejeczek wrote:

dear all

I'm trying to set a seeminglysimple setup
having a box with openldap I want it to use TLS on both internal and external hostnames/IPs

openldap was set up earlier and was/is working
I generate TLS certificate with SAN
everything seems working fine
but
when I ldapsearch on external fqdn/IP (which in the certificate is the subjectAltName) search fails whereas it succeeds on internal fqdn(which is the hostname/ CN in the certificate)

error is: additional info: TLS error -8157:Certificate extension not found.

is such a scenario even possible? having very same DN being served on more than one name via TLS?

If this is what you are looking for I can confirm that I have a setup with ldaps:// and ldap:// with TLS that uses subjectAltNames in the certificates.

Relevant parts of the x509 cert with customer name obfuscated

We have this on one server: