Re: slapo-lastbind and chaining

Hi Michael,

On Tue, 8 Oct 2013, Michael StrÃder wrote:
<snipp/>
I don't want to keep you away from contributing this

I'll give it a shot and see if I can whip up a proof of concept before I
dive too deep or waste too much time.

but you should be aware
of two issues:

1. You have much higher load because of the chaining to a provider and
subsequent replication to the consumers.

yes I am are of the potential load and expect to keep things under control
with olcLastBindPrecision. I do not expect updating authTimestamp on each bind to scale past anything but trivial workloads.

2. If the provider is down slapo-ppolicy does *not* write any ppolicy
attributes at all.

yes it's far from perfect.

I try to address this in my current project by forwarding the updates from
the slaves to an ip address shared between the masters using keepalived.

This works adequately but has issues recovering from restarts of the masters.

This would be easier if chaining would support multiple targets.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck@cksoft.de                  Wildberger Weg 24/2