Re: Other system use port 636 connect LDAP Server Error

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 10:54:00AM -0700, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Thursday, September 26, 2013 1:33 PM -0400 Brian Reichert
> <reichert@numachi.com> wrote:
>

> >You can use an IP address, if that IP address is in the SAN (Subject
> >Alternate Name) list of the certificate.
>
> True.  I don't think I've actually seen anyone do it though. ;)

Regrettably, I have to support it. :/

And CAs are inconsistent of their treatment of the daat in the CSR,
and some SSL client stacks (*cough, MS*) don't adhere to the
standards, however nascent.

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert@numachi.com>
BSD admin/developer at large