Re: OpenLdap 2.4.28 accesslogs

--On Monday, September 23, 2013 3:13 PM -0500 Steve Herrera <sherrera@fsmail.bradley.edu> wrote:

Hello,

I have 2 openldap servers running on Ubuntu 12.04. One is the primary and
the other is a slave. My problem is that ldap keeps dumping files into
that directory log.00000000001 then log.000000002 and so on thus filling
up the drive. Is it safe to remove these logs? How do i know which one it
is still using. Ideally it would be great for the server to automatically
remove the log once it was done using it. I could set up a cronjob to
prune it but I don't know how far back it needs to the logs to be.Â

Those are BDB logs. If you have a checkpoint defined in your slapd config, you can enable automatic log deletion of unused files by properly configuring your DB_CONFIG file for your BDB database.

Lead Engineer
Zimbra Software, LLC