Re: schema extension trouble

--On Tuesday, September 03, 2013 12:57 PM +0300 Horatiu Nimigean <horatiu.nimigean@ddnet.ro> wrote:

Greetings,
I have an $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.23 on centos 6.4 installed and i need to
extend the schema to fit my setup.

Get a current version of OpenLDAP. The version shipped with CentOS is utterly broken. I suggest the LTB package as an alternative:

<http://ltb-project.org/wiki/download#openldap>

all i need is to add to my users in ou People a simple boolean attribute
named vpnStatus that i want to be the basis upon which users are given
vpn access or not.

Schema consist of more than just attributes. You will also need an objectClass that relates to the attribute.

i created /etc/openldap/schema/local.schema containing
what do i need to do ?

Learn how to develop and implement schema properly.

Lead Engineer
Zimbra, Inc