RE: ldapadd "ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)"

-----Original Message-----
From: Quanah Gibson-Mount [mailto:quanah@zimbra.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2013 4:25 PM
To: Clint Petty
Cc: openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: RE: ldapadd "ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)"

--On Thursday, August 29, 2013 11:20 PM +0000 Clint Petty
<cpetty@luthresearch.com> wrote:

> dbenv_open(/var/lib/ldap). 521fd341 bdb(dc=luthresearch,dc=net): Program
> version 4.6 doesn't match environment version 4.7 521fd341 bdb_db_open:
> database "dc=luthresearch,dc=net" cannot be opened, err -30972. Restore
> from backup!

> I already covered this with you.  Your old openldap build used BDB 4.6.
> Your new OpenLDAP build uses BDB 4.7.  You need to delete the ldap database
> on this server, slapcat the db on your other server, and slapadd that
> export into this server, or start over from scratch.  I also noted why
> using /var/lib/ldap is likely not a wise idea for your db, as it conflicts
> with the system defaults.

> --Quanah

I deleted the all files in /var/lib/ldap & /usr/local/openldap/var/openldap-data, for they were database files in both locations.  Ran slapcat -l ldif on the original server, and copied that file to the new server, and ran the following:

# slapadd -l ldif
521fe3a5 /usr/local/openldap/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 5: unknown directive <dn:> outside backend info and database definitions.
slapadd: bad configuration file!

Line 5 in /usr/local/openldap/etc/openldap/slapd.conf file is:

dn: cn=config

I did change the entry in /usr/local/openldap/etc/openldap/slapd.conf file to the following:
olcDbDirectory:	/usr/local/openldap/var/openldap-data
not sure why it is still looking in /var/lib/ldap

Clint