RE: ldapadd "ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)"

--On Thursday, August 29, 2013 9:59 AM -0500 espeake@oreillyauto.com wrote:

I tried this on two servers and got two different results.  Does this mean
that I have different hashes?  That might be part of the wrong credentials
I am getting.

No, that doesn't imply anything, because the salt changes every time you run the command.

[zimbra@ldap01-zcs ~]$ /opt/zimbra/openldap/sbin/slappasswd -s test
{SSHA}LVmfK8GNSDSH2nMxhsvrtXMqJwNJ2Vm+
[zimbra@ldap01-zcs ~]$ /opt/zimbra/openldap/sbin/slappasswd -s test
{SSHA}FzozyUcP06Tg+Fw1nZuI9IzICzGSAX/g
[zimbra@ldap01-zcs ~]$ /opt/zimbra/openldap/sbin/slappasswd -s test
{SSHA}sW+DsjIX7F3tAds9AKvgtsAmGVtgfSQI
[zimbra@ldap01-zcs ~]$ /opt/zimbra/openldap/sbin/slappasswd -s test
{SSHA}ijXIyL21bfh66AwGkFgEDx4fCafI8rQ1
[zimbra@ldap01-zcs ~]$ /opt/zimbra/openldap/sbin/slappasswd -s test
{SSHA}g+1Req30YxW122v1NKl1yL4+z3F0eqnD

What you would need to do is see what type of hash was being used for that particular user. Or it may be simpler to just reset the password for that user, to make sure it updates to a current scheme.

Lead Engineer
Zimbra, Inc