Re: Openldap configuration import LDIF

On 08/22/13 14:49 +0200, felas wrote:
i have install OpenLdap in a UbuntuServer, in virtual with VirtualBox.
Now i want to import in Eclipse via Ldap Browser one file LDIF.

I have a FQDN like this, ldap.***.***.com, and i add this in /etc/hosts
this FQDN with a ip address 192.168.1.156, the ip is my Server.

Is this relevant? Does the import work without this change?

Now the problem, when i try to import Ldif, i have the problem with auth, i
know i must change something in a slapd config but what?

In general, for importing ldif files, you may wish to use your configured
rootdn/rootpw credentials, although that is not required. See Chapter
8 of the Administrator's Guide on the website for a discussion of Access
Control.

Run 'slapcat -n0' to view your existing configuration, and reference the
slapd-config manpage to interpret that data (or see the slapd.conf manpage
if applicable).

--
Dan White